Close Menu
  • Home
  • Recent News
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
What's Hot

Former Arsenal star hits back at Chelsea boss Liam Rosenior over "respect" comments

February 6, 2026

Rapper Young Bleed Dies at 51 After Suffering Brain Aneurysm

November 4, 2025

Phoney admiral admits blagging way into Remembrance event wearing fake medals

January 5, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global Hublet Wednesday, February 18
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Home
  • Home
  • Recent News

    Ramadan 2026: Islamic scholar lists 10 common mistakes Muslims must avoid

    February 18, 2026

    Men must hold each other accountable – Simi condemns sexual assault

    February 18, 2026

    Costco cracks down on its famously generous return policy — heres what shoppers need to know

    February 18, 2026

    Wendys to close hundreds of locations as it shifts focus to value deals to boost sales

    February 18, 2026

    Newcastle United plot stunning move for Premier League striker looking for a new challenge

    February 18, 2026
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
Home»Global & National News Updates»U.S. Coast Guard pursuing another oil tanker near Venezuela, source says, as Trump administration continues pressure campaign against Maduro
Global & National News Updates

U.S. Coast Guard pursuing another oil tanker near Venezuela, source says, as Trump administration continues pressure campaign against Maduro

AdminBy AdminDecember 22, 2025Updated:December 22, 2025No Comments3 Mins Read


The U.S. Coast Guard on Sunday was pursuing another sanctioned oil tanker in international waters, a U.S. official told CBS News, as the Trump administration appeared to be intensifying its targets of such vessels connected to the Venezuelan government.

If caught and seized, it would be the third Venezuelan tanker taken by the U.S. this month.

The U.S. official told CBS News Sunday’s pursuit involved “a sanctioned dark fleet vessel that is part of Venezuela’s illegal sanctions evasion.”

“It is flying a false flag and under a judicial seizure order,” they said.

The Coast Guard’s pursuit of the tanker was first reported by Reuters. The U.S. officials who spoke with Reuters did not give a specific location for the operation or the name of the vessel being pursued.

In a pre-dawn operation on Saturday, the U.S. Coast Guard seized a Panama-flagged vessel called Centuries. A U.S. official told CBS News that the interdiction of the vessel followed a similar playbook to an earlier U.S. seizure of an oil tanker near Venezuela.

White House Deputy Press Secretary Anna Kelly said on social media that the vessel on Saturday was “a falsely flagged vessel operating as part of the Venezuelan shadow fleet to traffic stolen oil and fund the narcoterrorist Maduro regime.”

In a statement on Saturday, the Venezuelan government condemned the vessel’s seizure, saying it was a “serious act of piracy.”

“The colonialist model that the U.S. government seeks to impose through such practices will fail and be defeated by the Venezuelan people,” the statement said.

It added that “these acts will not go unpunished,” and that Venezuela “will exercise all corresponding actions, including the complaint to the United Nations Security Council, other multilateral agencies and the governments of the world.”

President Trump last week called for a “total and complete blockade” on all sanctioned oil tankers that enter or depart Venezuela. It is part of the ongoing pressure campaign against Venezuelan President Nicolas Maduro.

Earlier this month, sources told CBS News the U.S. military hadseized a sanctioned 20-year-old oil tanker that had just left port in Venezuela.

Kevin Hasset, director of the White House’s National Economic Council, said Sunday on “Face the Nation with Margaret Brennan” that the first two oil tankers seized were operating on the black market and providing oil to countries under sanctions.

“And so I don’t think that people need to be worried here in the U.S. that the prices are going to go up because of these seizures of these ships,” he added. “There’s just a couple of them, and they were black market ships.”

The targeting of tankers comes as Mr. Trump has ordered the Defense Department to carry out a series of attacks on vessels in the Caribbean and eastern Pacific Ocean that his administration alleges are smuggling fentanyl and other illegal drugs into the U.S. At least 104 people have been killed in 28 known strikes since early September.

More from CBS News

Go deeper with The Free Press

administration campaign Coast continues Guard Maduro News oil pressure pursuing Source tanker Trump U.S Venezuela

Related Posts

Costco cracks down on its famously generous return policy — heres what shoppers need to know

February 18, 2026

Wendys to close hundreds of locations as it shifts focus to value deals to boost sales

February 18, 2026

2026 World Cup: Journalist shares what his source told him ahead of FIFA ruling

February 18, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Liverpool and Tottenham eyeing move for Aurelien Tchouameni

January 25, 2026

Should Andrew be forced to testify about Epstein? VOTE NOW

February 1, 2026

Google Chief Warns: ‘No Company Will Be Safe if the AI Bubble Bursts’

November 18, 2025

Why Oscar-Shortlisted Extremist Was a No-Brainer for Ben Stiller: An Honor to Be Asked to Put My Name on This Film

January 12, 2026

Al-Ittihad want to sign Mohamed Salah from Liverpool

February 3, 2026
About Us
About Us

Global Hublet is a trusted news and information platform delivering reliable updates on global events, business, technology, health, entertainment, and sports, helping readers stay informed with accurate, engaging, and SEO-friendly content every day worldwide audience.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn WhatsApp
Featured Posts

Ramadan 2026: Islamic scholar lists 10 common mistakes Muslims must avoid

February 18, 2026

Men must hold each other accountable – Simi condemns sexual assault

February 18, 2026

Costco cracks down on its famously generous return policy — heres what shoppers need to know

February 18, 2026
Most Popular

“‘I Can’t See a Weakness’ — Is This Finally Arsenal’s Year to Win the Title?”

November 1, 2025

“Arise, Sir David!” – David Beckham Receives Knighthood

November 4, 2025

“Don’t Test President Trump’s Resolve” – U.S. Lawmaker Warns Nigerian Government

November 2, 2025
Global Hublet
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
© 2026 Global Hublet. Designed by Global Hublet.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.