Close Menu
  • Home
  • Recent News
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
What's Hot

Deal to be finalised soon for 21 G/A Chelsea, Arsenal & Liverpool transfer target

January 3, 2026

Thomas Frank lost support of Cristian Romero and Pedro Porro before Tottenham sacking

February 11, 2026

British multinational, KPMG, flags 4 errors, gaps in Nigerias new tax laws

January 9, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global Hublet Wednesday, February 18
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Home
  • Home
  • Recent News

    Men must hold each other accountable – Simi condemns sexual assault

    February 18, 2026

    Wendys to close hundreds of locations as it shifts focus to value deals to boost sales

    February 18, 2026

    Apply: Wema Bank announces 2026 job opportunities, no experience needed

    February 18, 2026

    Breaking: NEW favourite to be next Manchester United manager

    February 18, 2026

    24-year-old midfielder could leave Aston Villa for a bigger club

    February 18, 2026
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
Home»Global & National News Updates»Maduro says Venezuela open to U.S. talks on drug trafficking, avoids question on dock strike
Global & National News Updates

Maduro says Venezuela open to U.S. talks on drug trafficking, avoids question on dock strike

AdminBy AdminJanuary 2, 2026Updated:January 3, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read


Venezuelan President Nicolás Maduro said he is open to talks with the United States on drug trafficking, oil and migration issues amid weeks of an escalating pressure campaign by the Trump administration.

In a pretaped interview on state TV that aired Thursday, the South American leader said he is ready for dialogue with the U.S. “wherever they want to whenever they want.” He evaded a question about a strike last week at a Venezuela docking area that the Trump administration believed was used by cartels.

During the interview, Maduro reiterated that the U.S. wants to force a government change in Venezuela and gain access to its vast oil reserves through the monthslong pressure campaign that began with a massive military deployment to the Caribbean Sea in August.

“What are they seeking? It is clear that they seek to impose themselves through threats, intimidation and force,” Maduro said, later adding that it is time for both nations to “start talking seriously, with data in hand.”

“The U.S. government knows, because we’ve told many of their spokespeople, that if they want to seriously discuss an agreement to combat drug trafficking, we’re ready,” he said. “If they want oil, Venezuela is ready for U.S. investment, like with Chevron, whenever they want it, wherever they want it and however they want it.”

Chevron Corp. is the only major oil company exporting Venezuelan crude to the U.S. Venezuela has the world’s largest proven oil reserves.

The interview was taped on New Year’s Eve, the same day the U.S. military announced strikesagainst five more alleged drug-smuggling boats. The latest attacks bring the total number of known boat strikes to 35 and the number of people killed to at least 115, according to numbers announced by the Trump administration. Venezuelans are among the victims.

President Trump has justified the attacks as a necessary escalation to stem the flow of drugs into the United States and asserted that the U.S. is engaged in an “armed conflict” with drug cartels. The strikes began off Venezuela’s Caribbean coast and later expanded to the eastern Pacific Ocean.

The Trump administration has accused Maduro of drug trafficking and working with gangs designated by the U.S. as terrorist organizations — which Maduro denies.

In a major escalation to the campaign, Mr. Trump, who has repeatedly threatened land strikes against Venezuela, said the U.S. hit a “big facility” last week linked to alleged drug boat operations, although he didn’t offer many details.

“There was a major explosion in the dock area where they load the boats up with drugs,” Mr. Trump said Monday as he spoke to reporters at Mar-a-Lago.

The Associated Press, citing two people familiar with the details of the operation, reported that the CIA was behind the drone strike. It was the first known direct operation on Venezuelan soil since the boat strikes began.

The CIA declined to comment on its reported involvement in this operation.

Asked about the operation on Venezuelan soil, Maduro said he could “talk about it in a few days.”

More from CBS News

Go deeper with The Free Press

avoids dock drug Maduro open question strike Talks Trafficking U.S updates Venezuela

Related Posts

Wendys to close hundreds of locations as it shifts focus to value deals to boost sales

February 18, 2026

Man United hold talks to move into pole position for £50m Liverpool transfer target

February 18, 2026

Beloved Pennsylvania cookie company files for bankruptcy years after explosive growth

February 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Heres how much it costs to watch New York Citys NYE ball drop like a VIP

December 30, 2025

Revealed: Best US airline cabins from economy to business class

February 2, 2026

Come quickly before they finish us – Rev. Dachomo appeals to Donald Trump for swift help amid rising attacks

December 11, 2025

High street bank to hike fees for thousands of current account customers TODAY

February 1, 2026

Just In: Liverpool punish Mo Salah by taking action ahead of Champions League game

December 8, 2025
About Us
About Us

Global Hublet is a trusted news and information platform delivering reliable updates on global events, business, technology, health, entertainment, and sports, helping readers stay informed with accurate, engaging, and SEO-friendly content every day worldwide audience.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn WhatsApp
Featured Posts

Men must hold each other accountable – Simi condemns sexual assault

February 18, 2026

Wendys to close hundreds of locations as it shifts focus to value deals to boost sales

February 18, 2026

Apply: Wema Bank announces 2026 job opportunities, no experience needed

February 18, 2026
Most Popular

“‘I Can’t See a Weakness’ — Is This Finally Arsenal’s Year to Win the Title?”

November 1, 2025

“Arise, Sir David!” – David Beckham Receives Knighthood

November 4, 2025

“Don’t Test President Trump’s Resolve” – U.S. Lawmaker Warns Nigerian Government

November 2, 2025
Global Hublet
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
© 2026 Global Hublet. Designed by Global Hublet.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.