Close Menu
  • Home
  • Recent News
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
What's Hot

Leeds can only sign striker for £200m

December 26, 2025

Pope Leo lists Nigeria among Countries where Christians face persecution

November 17, 2025

Superb UK dealership shuts after 107 years after being cut off by roadworks

February 1, 2026
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global Hublet Wednesday, February 18
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Home
  • Home
  • Recent News

    Im allergic to poor men — Lady says poor men shouldnt spoil her anointing

    February 18, 2026

    Labour protests at NAFDAC office over looming job losses

    February 18, 2026

    Christantus Uche removed from Crystal Palace Conference League squad

    February 17, 2026

    American civil rights leader, Jesse Jackson passes away

    February 17, 2026

    Chelsea lead Liverpool in the race to sign Murillo

    February 17, 2026
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
Home»Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz»Horror Shake-Up: Website Dread Central Gets a New Owner in Bloody Disgusting Co-Founder Brad Miska (Exclusive)
Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz

Horror Shake-Up: Website Dread Central Gets a New Owner in Bloody Disgusting Co-Founder Brad Miska (Exclusive)

AdminBy AdminJanuary 6, 2026Updated:January 6, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read


In 2021, Brad Miska sold Bloody Disgusting, the leading horror website he co-founded. He stayed on for a few years during the transition, and finally left last year.

But as any scary movie lover knows, nothing in horror stays truly dead, including one’s love of the genre. And the desire to be your own boss.

He spent the past few years working in movies as a producer, and was a key figure in the success of two of the Terrifier movies.

Now, in an ironic twist of a slasher’s blade, Miska returning to the internet horror field, this time as the owner of Bloody Disgusting’s chief competitor, Dread Central.

Along with siblings Heather and Peter Luttrell, digital media and advertising executives and former co-owners of Bloody Disgusting as well the founders of IndieClick, Miska has launched Be Afraid Media, an independent horror media company. The acquisition of Dread Central marks the new company’s official launch.

“Dread Central has been a trusted voice in horror for nearly two decades,” Miska told The Hollywood Reporter. “Our goal is to expand its reach and accessibility while preserving the integrity and independence that its audience values.”

Founded in 2006, Dread Central has spent nearly two decades covering horror film, television, and culture, building relationships with filmmakers and fans and becoming a passionate and credible voice in horror. The site, however, has at times struggled to find financial viability. In 2016, then-editor-in-chief and co-founder Steve Bartonlaunched a Kickstarter to help keep the lights on. The gambit worked long enough for Epic Pictures to buy the site in 2017.

Even though Be Afraid bought the site and will run it independently, the company will be working with Epic for some time to come. As part of the transaction, Be Afraid acquired DreadTV, a leading FAST horror channel, and entered into a multi-year streaming distribution agreement with Epic. Additionally, Epic CEO and owner Patrick Ewald will sit on Be Afraid Media’s Board of Directors.

Dread Releasing, which is the film production and distribution arm, and DreadXP, the video game publishing division, will continue to operate as Epic businesses, separate from the Dread Central transaction.

Be Afraid is now touting that collectively, the company’s portfolio will reach an audience of more than 16 million fans across digital, social, streaming and commerce platforms.

Miska co-founded Bloody Disgusting in 2001. The entertainment management firm The Collective bought a minority stake in the company in 2007, after which the Bloody Disgusting branched out into movie distribution, and allowed Miska to rack up producing credits by creating the horror anthology movie series V/H/S. He was also a producer on the 2022 sci-fi horror movie Kids vs Aliens. He will be putting all those skills toward the new venture.

He said the company’s immediate focus is on revitalizing its FAST channel and building a robust podcast network. It will also actively expand across the full horror ecosystem including live events, merchandise, production, and distribution.

“Our goal is simple,” he said, “to be the most beloved and trusted brand in horror. And we are expanding our footprint by acquiring key genre assets and developing new original IP internally.”

One Dread Central co-founder applauded the new owners.

“There is no team better suited to take the helm of Dread Central,” said Jon Condit. “They understand the genre, they respect the audience, and they have the experience to guide Dread into its next era. I’m excited to see what the future holds under their leadership.”

Bloody Brad celebrity gossip Celebrity news Central CoFounder Disgusting dread entertainment Exclusive Horror Miska owner shakeup updates Website

Related Posts

Where is my tax refund? Heres why it might be coming later this year

February 17, 2026

Three costly retirement regrets in your 70s and 80s — and how to avoid them

February 17, 2026

Gen Z are investing in the market because they cant afford homes

February 16, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

M&S slashes price of luxurious Valentines gift with free card and delivery

February 11, 2026

One Battle After Another Named Best Picture by National Society of Film Critics

January 4, 2026

Tottenham bracing for Fabio Paratici exit as co-sporting director set for Fiorentina move

January 11, 2026

Australian Open slammed as Sabalenka and Alcaraz are asked to remove clothing

January 26, 2026

I once cleaned the toilet as a serving Governor – Peter Obi

December 31, 2025
About Us
About Us

Global Hublet is a trusted news and information platform delivering reliable updates on global events, business, technology, health, entertainment, and sports, helping readers stay informed with accurate, engaging, and SEO-friendly content every day worldwide audience.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn WhatsApp
Featured Posts

Im allergic to poor men — Lady says poor men shouldnt spoil her anointing

February 18, 2026

Labour protests at NAFDAC office over looming job losses

February 18, 2026

Christantus Uche removed from Crystal Palace Conference League squad

February 17, 2026
Most Popular

“‘I Can’t See a Weakness’ — Is This Finally Arsenal’s Year to Win the Title?”

November 1, 2025

“Arise, Sir David!” – David Beckham Receives Knighthood

November 4, 2025

“Don’t Test President Trump’s Resolve” – U.S. Lawmaker Warns Nigerian Government

November 2, 2025
Global Hublet
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
© 2026 Global Hublet. Designed by Global Hublet.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.