Close Menu
  • Home
  • Recent News
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
What's Hot

US President Trump recognises Nigerias First Lady Oluremi Tinubu

February 6, 2026

Which set of citizens earn below N800k a year? Man questions new tax law

January 2, 2026

Breaking: 2 nototious bandits, kidnapping kingpins arrested in Kwara

December 27, 2025
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Global Hublet Wednesday, February 18
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram
Home
  • Home
  • Recent News

    2026 World Cup: Journalist shares what his source told him ahead of FIFA ruling

    February 18, 2026

    If you vote him again… – Lady warns Nigerians as she criticises Tinubus policies ahead of 2027 election

    February 18, 2026

    Im allergic to poor men — Lady says poor men shouldnt spoil her anointing

    February 18, 2026

    Labour protests at NAFDAC office over looming job losses

    February 18, 2026

    Christantus Uche removed from Crystal Palace Conference League squad

    February 17, 2026
  • Global & National News Updates
  • Business & Finance Insights
  • Technology & Innovation Trends
  • More
    • Health, Wellness & Lifestyle
    • Entertainment & Celebrity Buzz
    • Sports Highlights & Live Scores
  • Privacy Policy
Home»Sports Highlights & Live Scores»No return: Liverpool halt plan to call defender back to the club in January window
Sports Highlights & Live Scores

No return: Liverpool halt plan to call defender back to the club in January window

AdminBy AdminJanuary 28, 2026Updated:January 28, 2026No Comments3 Mins Read


Liverpool have ruled out recalling Kostas Tsimikas in the January transfer window, despite holding discussions with Roma and monitoring the left-back situation closely, according to a report from Gianluca Di Marzio.

The Reds had been weighing up their options amid increased uncertainty surrounding Andy Robertson, who has been linked with a surprise move to Tottenham Hotspur this month.

Tsimikas, who joined AS Roma on loan last summer, had been viewed internally as a potential short-term solution if Robertson were to depart or if Liverpool suddenly needed additional depth at left-back.

However, after talks between the two clubs, Liverpool have now decided he will remain in Italy for the remainder of the season.

Liverpool held talks with Roma over the future of Tsimikas

Kostas Tsimikas at AS Roma
Kostas Tsimikas at AS Roma (Photo by Ian MacNicol/Getty Images)

Roma’s sporting director recently confirmed that conversations with Liverpool had taken place, acknowledging that the Premier League club explored the possibility of triggering an early recall clause.

Ultimately, Roma were unwilling to lose the Greek international midway through the campaign, especially given their own defensive injury issues, and Tsimikas himself has been keen to stay and fight for more minutes in Serie A.

The defender was moved out of the club last summer when the Reds signed Milos Kerkez.

With Robertson already at the club and Kerkez joining, Tsimikas moved further down the pecking order and ultimately he was allowed to leave as he wanted more playing time.

The 29-year-old has endured a mixed spell at the Stadio Olimpico, featuring intermittently under Gian Piero Gasperini.

While he has made only a handful of league starts, his versatility, European experience, and strong work ethic have kept him firmly in Roma’s plans.

More Stories / Latest News
Man United flag
Man United still hold interest in South American star from Premier League rivals
Jan 28 2026, 10:51

Chelsea manager Liam Rosenior
Defender keen on Chelsea move despite interest from Liverpool & Bayern Munich
Jan 28 2026, 10:14

Arne Slot looks on during Liverpool vs Leeds
No return: Liverpool halt plan to call defender back to the club in January window
Jan 28 2026, 10:00

Andy Robertson is now expected to stay at Anfield

Andrew Robertson of Liverpool
Andrew Robertson of Liverpool (Photo by Jan Kruger/Getty Images)

For Liverpool, this decision suggests growing confidence that Robertson will not be leaving during the current window.

Instead of recalling Tsimikas, the Reds are expected to continue exploring long-term defensive reinforcements for the summer window.

For now, the Greek full-back will finish the campaign in Rome, while Liverpool maintain stability in their defensive setup as they navigate a difficult season and prepare for a structural rebuild in the summer.

Liverpool could move for 42-G/A speedster to fix major attacking weakness

The post No return: Liverpool halt plan to call defender back to the club in January window appeared first on CaughtOffside.

call club defender Halt January Liverpool plan Return sport sports window

Related Posts

West Ham make move to sign brilliant goalkeeper

February 17, 2026

Chelsea lead Liverpool in the race to sign Murillo

February 17, 2026

Alexis Mac Allister’s father sends contract message to Liverpool amid Man Utd links

February 17, 2026
Leave A Reply Cancel Reply

Top Posts

Mixed fortune for naira: Dollar trades at new rates as FX reserves hits new high

January 26, 2026

Man United could take advantage of key INEOS connection to get useful deal done this January

December 18, 2025

The tiny sign that ChatGPT has been reading your calendar and email

December 14, 2025

Liverpool consider shock move for player they sold in the summer last year

February 10, 2026

Landman Duo Ali Larter and Michelle Randolph Know They Are the Heart of the Show

December 1, 2025
About Us
About Us

Global Hublet is a trusted news and information platform delivering reliable updates on global events, business, technology, health, entertainment, and sports, helping readers stay informed with accurate, engaging, and SEO-friendly content every day worldwide audience.

Facebook X (Twitter) Instagram LinkedIn WhatsApp
Featured Posts

2026 World Cup: Journalist shares what his source told him ahead of FIFA ruling

February 18, 2026

If you vote him again… – Lady warns Nigerians as she criticises Tinubus policies ahead of 2027 election

February 18, 2026

Im allergic to poor men — Lady says poor men shouldnt spoil her anointing

February 18, 2026
Most Popular

“‘I Can’t See a Weakness’ — Is This Finally Arsenal’s Year to Win the Title?”

November 1, 2025

“Arise, Sir David!” – David Beckham Receives Knighthood

November 4, 2025

“Don’t Test President Trump’s Resolve” – U.S. Lawmaker Warns Nigerian Government

November 2, 2025
Global Hublet
  • About Us
  • Contact Us
  • Privacy Policy
  • Terms & Conditions
  • Disclaimer
© 2026 Global Hublet. Designed by Global Hublet.

Type above and press Enter to search. Press Esc to cancel.